Lawyer with an international and commercial mind-set and strong knowledge within Commercial Contracts & Tenders for Group Legal in Falck (Copenhagen).
Falck Group Legal is looking for a fully-qualified lawyer with at least 4 years of experience primarily with commercial contracts and tenders from an internationally oriented Danish law firm or a similar in-house legal position.
For more than 100 years, it has been Falck’s mission to prevent accidents, disease and emergency situations, to rescue and assist people in emergencies quickly and competently and to rehabilitate people after illness and injury.
Today, Falck operates in five business divisions: Assistance, Global Assistance, Emergency, Healthcare and Safety Services.
All these activities are built on a fundamental vision that Falck consists of “people helping people”.
Falck has business activities in 46 countries and is the world’s largest international ambulance operator as well as the largest private fire-fighting operator in the world.
Group Legal, which consists of four lawyers, provides legal advice on all matters of relevance to the Falck Group, including commercial contracts, tenders, M&A, marketing, regulatory, personal data, corporate secretary, finance, etc.
Group Legal refers directly to executive management in Falck and works very closely with each of the business divisions in the Falck Group as well as with other Group central functions, including Business Development, Treasury, Reporting, Controlling, Insurance, Tax, etc.
The new Legal Counsel will join an active, dynamic and informal atmosphere with very competent and engaged colleagues and where the personal and professional competences and development of colleagues are valued highly.
As the new Legal Counsel in the Group Legal team, your primary focus will be to provide legal assistance on Commercial Contracts around the world, where you will give qualified and well thought through legal advice to key decision makers in the Falck Group in connection with both Danish and international contracts with customers and suppliers.
As the new Legal Counsel in Group Legal, your key areas of responsibility will be:
- Provide legal assistance in connection with commercial contracts generally
- Engage external legal advisors where appropriate
- Be the primary contact person from Group Legal for one or two business divisions (or a business area or stream within a business division)
- Address other ad-hoc legal assignments for Group management and other Group functions
- Build and maintain a close working relationship with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Report internally
It is important that you become a good ambassador of Group Legal towards the rest of the Falck Group and that, in connection with the various assignments, you show technical competence, business understanding, sensitivity to urgency and importance, and high moral standards.
You should expect to have some short and long-distance travelling.
Your key qualifications, competences and personality:
- You are a fully qualified lawyer with at least 4 years of post-qualification experience. You will have gained your experience from an internationally oriented Danish law firm and/or a similar in-house legal position with an international company
- Your main area of expertise and knowledge is commercial contracts, including public and/or private tenders, procurement for services and goods, product development documentation and similar
- You have excellent English language skills and are able to negotiate both orally and in writing in English
- You are able to provide professional legal advice independently within your area of expertise. Your advice will be to the point and fulfil the commercial needs of the Falck Group
- You are a reliable, analytic, quality- and detailed-oriented lawyer, responsive and responsible to meet deadlines, with an ability to gain a quick overview of the matter at stake, and have a well-developed commercial and business sense and understanding.
- You are mature, energetic and trustworthy, and able to work well within a team that supports one-another and understand and promote the team’s objectives
- You have an open personality, are acquisitive and able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, and enjoy a dynamic environment with multiple relations, contacts and stakeholders
- You value an environment that supports the highest ethical standards in daily work.
Your day-to-day work
We offer an interesting position in a very professional and internationally oriented team, within a company pursuing long-term growth opportunities where you can develop personally and professionally.
The salary and other financial components of the position will be discussed directly with the candidates and will depend on his or her experience and competencies.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please call or e-mail Miguel Buxó, Head of Group Legal at Falck (+4521561979; email@example.com
) or Jan Tornfeldt from Promando (+4529999040).
You apply for the position by following this LINK
until the 14th of July 2017.